Sunday, October 19, 2008

Balloon Fiesta 08!

This year we were able to make it to balloon fiesta in Albuquerque.
We woke up early...but not early enough. Even though I was up at 5 am we still missed the end of mass ascension by about 10 minutes. We were lucky though because the last balloon to go up was Darth Vader and Blaise was quite excited about that. It was the special shapes day and we were able to watch all the shapes...energizer bunny, champagne bottle, bee, dinosaur, etc. Then the regular balloons flew right over and just seemed to keep coming. The movement in the sky was spectacular. I was not sure it would be this great but I was not disappointed and I am already looking forward to next year (I will get up at 4 am though).

The kids favorite part was the grass. Growing up in Santa Fe they are not used to it and loved rolling, running, playing, leaping, crawling, wrestling, and touching it. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we had soo much fun.

This is a picture of my favorite balloon. Lorissa took this picture and sent it to me because she knew how much I love this balloon--thanks lorissa. It is a beautiful picture and it made me fall in love with balloons and the whole balloon fiesta!

Someday I might just have to take a ride in the tulip balloon!

No comments: