Saturday, November 1, 2008

San Francisco Part Four

My turn to try paddle boarding. Alex gave me a little lesson, he is a very good and patient teacher. I stepped on--which takes a little commitment--and was off. It is harder than it looks. The water was COLD and I was hoping to not go for a swim. I did pretty well until...


I got out there and couldn't turn around. Alex maybe has one downfall as a teacher, he left! I am not sure where he went (maybe to the beer tent) but I needed a little help getting back. It took a minute but I guess I figured it out because somehow I turned around and was able to get back to shore.
I made it--and stayed warm and dry. I am not sure I am ready for the marathon of paddle boarding but actually knowing me I may give it a try someday.

For right now, I am happy with the experience and will take the lessons learned into my life.
Be Patient and you just might figure it out all on your own.

No comments: